Today, I’m sharing 15 facts about me that pertain to books. I hope we have some in common.
1. I don’t like books in a series. For a reason that seems to elude me right now, I will choose
standalones over a series any day.
2. I’m a mood reader. Organised TBRs don’t just do it for me.
3. I love literary fiction but I read genre fiction as well. My favourite ones are African Literature, Mystery, Crime, Fantasy, YA (Young Adult ) and Thriller.
4. The books that got me into reading when I was much younger are the Pacesetter series and books by James Hadley Chase. (Not every time Harry Potter. LoL)
5. I started all over when I came to college and I’ve been able to add 10 books to my used-to-be-empty shelves. (Small, I know).
6. I like collecting action figures as decoration when I take pictures of books. Thanks to my fave person, I’ve got Bumblebee and Optimus Prime now. They are so cute.
7. I used to love reading eBooks but they bore me now. My phone is 5.9″ big and that should make me enjoy them more but paperbacks do it better for me.
8. I don’t write in my books. I don’t highlight either. If I see a quote I love, I’ll write it in my quote book. I like my books looking neat and new long after I’ve read them.
9. I’m not ashamed of my appetite for books. I’m so proud of it that my classmates take it upon themselves to get me books. See?
10. I DO NOT LEND MY BOOKS. Nope. I just don’t. It’s the reason I’m starting all over. I cannot just trust anyone anyone enough with my books.
(Errmmm.. Okay. Maybe just my sister)
11. I have never met any author but I’ve interacted with some very cool ones on Facebook and Twitter.
These people never come to my school. (Insert childish pout).
12. I have an autographed book from one of my favorite Nigerian poets. It wasn’t meant for me but my sweet friend, Gideon let me have it.
13. I read books in two languages : English and Yoruba. (Yaaaay. Go Dhebbie!!)
14. I have a thing for books that make me go “OMG! What on earth was that?” and the ones that make me cry. (I’m looking at you, Me Before You.)
15. I can go from being a miser to a benevolent human in seconds when it comes to buying books. Whenever I go to a bookstore, I practically lose control.
Do you like books like I do? What do we have have in common? I’d really love to know.